Monday, April 1, 2013

Masked

Can't sleep, it's two a.m.
Can't feel my heart, don't know where it's been
Can't close my eyes because I only dream of you
And my reality's a nightmare that keeps on coming true

Get out of bed, I put on a beautiful mask
So no one notices, nobody asks
But I'd rather pull up the covers
Shrivel up here and die
Maybe the world wouldn't notice
They don't really care why

But this mask, oh this beautiful mask
Oh it won't last for long
Just like money and life,
Like our love that went wrong
But I said too many things;
Maybe I asked for too much,
I'm not sure what happened
I loved life how it was 

It pains me to breathe, just to walk on this path
And I'm tortured by seeing myself in this mask
You're still holding on
You're not letting go
I'm weak and I'm lonesome
Still so in love too, so I know

I cannot move on, I am bound by your chains
Paralyzed by your love and I'm still not the same
And this sweet mask of innocence isn't naive anymore
It's worn out on the floor of my deepest encounter
Sir, you say I'm not gentle? You say I'm not kind?
Take off my mask, you know what you'll find.

Oh that mask I was wearing, it's already gone
 Oh it didn't last for long
Just like money, or life,
Like our love that went wrong
You say you don't love me,
How 'bout you remember this
I know you'll come back, because it's me that you miss
Yes it's me that's you'll miss
Oh it's me that you miss
















No comments:

Post a Comment