Sunday, February 10, 2013

To Hard To Forget

Something I'm Proud Of

Here's a some song lyrics I wrote almost 4 years ago that I always wanted to put to music but never got around to it. A couple months ago, my little brother asked me for some words to put to his guitar chords so I gave them to him. The man I wrote this song about is now recently married. Funny how things work out. Enjoy. 

It's too hard to just forget you
I thought you were an honest guy
But your the one who said "I love you"
and i keep asking myself why
Why did you leave
What did i do
Seems everything
reminds me of you
But then you let me down
and you walked away
and you left me alone..
why couldn't you stay
O why couldn't you stay?

I pull out that old box
every once in a while
and pictures of you
should not make me smile
But oh, how they do
and images trigger
depictions of you.
please just come back and say
i want you again
please, why can't you stay


I reach for your hand
But you just aren't there
I cry out your name
But you just don't care
You never did
Maybe you will
But something pains
Inside me still
O I just want to hold you
Please don't go away
Please don't leave me like he did
Why can't you stay?
O why can't you stay.

I never even saw it coming
But there you were
already running
already leaving
you still decieving
me, still believing
your stupid words
your stupid games
and now all i've got left
is this empty pain.
Why can't you stay? O why can't you stay.

Old memories come back
and oh, on and on they keep lasting
and dreams are still passing
Words you told me
still run in my head
promises vowed and stupid things that you said
but they keep replay in my mind
over and over again
And I've still got this pain
But why can't you stay?

Please why can't you care
please why can't you be there?
You never did then
Now maybe you will
because something still pains inside me still
Because i just want to hold you
please don't go away
please come back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment